Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Running Streak

I am a goal oriented person, so when I saw a Facebook event titled 2012 Running Streak, I had to check it out.  It's simple. Run at least a mile every day starting January 1 and ending December 31. I'm in!

On January 1, I managed to walk a mile, which counts. I would have run, but I am at the tail end of week 3 of a disastrous back injury. Today, on day 2 I ran/walked 3 miles. It felt great to be running again! 3 weeks of  "rest and recuperation" was 3 weeks too many. Those who know me know that I am not one to sit still.

I hope I can keep it up. On cross training days, sick days, even injury days, I plan on at least walking a mile.

Here's to 2012! May it be filled with miles and miles and miles, laughter, health, and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the streak and congrats on being back at it! Happy running in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete