Thursday, November 3, 2011

Team in Training Run Coach

I can't speak highly enough about Team in Training. I trained for the Country Music Marathon last winter with TNT and it was an awesome experience. Now, I get to continue to promote TNT! The other day I received an e-mail asking if I was interested in taking on the position of Run Coach for the Ann Arbor team. Within minutes of reading the e-mail I responded yes! The next day I had a phone interview and bam...I got it! I'm definitely not doing it for the pay. That's pretty minimal. Helping others achieve their goal is why I am doing it.
The experience I had training with TNT was overwhelming. It is an amazing organization that trains endurance runners to achieve their goal of running a marathon, 1/2 marathon, or triathlon. At the same time it raises money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I wanted to run a marathon before I turned 40 (which is fast approaching) and knew that I would train with TNT when the time came to do so. Leukemia has affected me closely as my brother, Steve, lost his wife Janet to Leukemia in 2001. It turns out that I have several other connections to blood cancers - friends, family, acquaintances. I raised over $6000 during my training and was the 4th highest fundraiser nationwide for all Country Music participants. Team Michigan took places 1, 2, 4, and 6!
I am super excited to continue my relationship with Team in Training and can't wait to yell an enthusiastic GO TEAM! to my new running friends.

2 comments:

  1. They are great.

    And yet, I can't help but wonder if they might have gotten more publicity had they'd stuck to their true initials. Things that make you go hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you would remind me of the "true initials". Hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete