Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Blog Post

Why did I start a blog? A few of my friends have blogs and I thought I'd give it a try too. I am not the most tech-savvy, so this will be a learning process for me. So for anyone reading this...please be patient with me.

Will Run For Wine - why this title?
I believe that all things in life can be enjoyed in moderation. I run and I like wine. No one thing should be done at the exclusion of another. Title seemed appropriate. I first saw this saying on a headband I purchased at the expo of the first marathon I ran. I should rephrase that, the only marathon I've ever run. *SO FAR*.  I've run three 1/2 marathons, 1 full marathon, and numerous 5K and 10K's. I hope to run the Chicago Marathon next year.

Some things about me:
  • Married since 2000, mother of an 8 year old boy and a 6 year old daughter.
  • I like food, drink, baking, cooking, entertaining, hanging out with my family and friends, fitness, running, Jazzercise, Watervale...and more.
  • I am not perfect - I don't always eat organic, my kids watch TV, I like junk food, I spend too much time on Facebook, I don't cook everything "from scratch", my husband and I don't always agree on everything, I sometimes yell at my kids, going to church is not that important to me. I know there is more, but why go on and on.What I am basically trying to say is that I am not perfect and I don't want to be perfect. It's unrealistic and I get annoyed when people boast about how wonderful they are and how wonderful their kids are. They aren't living in the "real" world.
So here ends my first blog post. I hope to entertain, inform, vent, and share my thought and life with my followers.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere! (From someone who needs to get *on* his arse and blog again.)

    Regarding your perfection...
    You've shattered my vision of you. I don't know if we can remain friends now that I know the truth!

    :p

    ReplyDelete