Saturday, January 28, 2012

Race #1

Last night I registered for my first race of 2012. It's the Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K in Downtown Ann Arbor. You can't beat a race that, at the end, hands out beer glasses to then be filled with beer!

                          

So far, my 2012 race itinerary looks like this:
March: Shamrocks & Shenanigans 5K, Ann Arbor
April: Big House Big Heart 5K, Ann Arbor
June: Dexter-Ann Arbor 1/2 Marathon
          Ann Arbor 1/2 Marathon
          Would love to do a 1/2 Marathon while on vacation in Germany/Europe...
                probably not going to happen
August: Baldathon, Watervale, MI (hoping to do the .2 mile swim, not just the 3.5 mile
               trail/beach run)
October: Chicago Marathon!!
December: Holiday Hustle 5K, Dexter

I'm sure a few other 5Ks or 10ks will be added to the list. But these are the ones I am definately going to do.

Peter (age 9 on race day) is going to join me for the Big House Big Heart and of course both kids will do the run portion of the Baldathon. It'll be his first official race.

I look forward to running, racing, and maybe even setting a few PRs!





No comments:

Post a Comment